Who We Are
We are a diverse community of Service Providers, OEMs, Silicon Vendors, ISVs, and open-source developers committed to open-source software and open APIs to build standardized, carrier-grade CPE. We are a large ecosystem of like-minded companies and individuals working to defragment the plethora of proprietary software platforms developed and deployed today. We collaborate with industry organizations such as the Broadband Forum and Wi-Fi Alliance to help accelerate our goals.
Please join our worldwide membership and help us drive our Mission!
Enable high-velocity, service-driven innovation on CPE by harmonizing interfaces in open APIs and delivering open-source reference implementations of common infrastructure.
prpl is all about open APIs and open-source to drive scalability
prpl Foundation promotes:
- Velocity by de-complexifying the process of integrating a Gateway (GW) stack onto multiple platforms
- Service-driven innovation by enabling proprietary differentiation from a 3rd-party services ecosystem
- Harmonized APIs through collaboration & convergence among member companies and other industry organizations to help companies scale up their businesses.
- An open-source community needed to jointly coalesce the largest possible ecosystem to avoid duplication and wasted efforts.
- Cultivating a community of knowledgeable developers to help speed deployments
prpl Foundation is the place for Service Providers (SPs) to specify carrier-grade features for open gateways.
How We Work
prpl Working Groups are established and meet to develop projects such prplOS, prplMesh, and more.
Our governance comes from our Steering Committees and Board of Directors.
Our members contribute to or sponsor our work through several channels: https://gitlab.com/groups/prpl-foundation/-/wikis/Contributing
Members gain visibility as leaders in the industry and are first to market with the latest developments!