Who We Are
We are a diverse community of Service Providers, OEMs, Silicon Vendors, ISVs and open-source developers committed to Open-Source and Open-APIs in support of Open Gateway CPE. We are cultivating a large ecosystem of like-minded companies and individuals working to defragment the plethora of proprietary (or forked) software platforms being developed and deployed today. We collaborate with industry organizations such as the Broadband-Forum.org and Wi-Fi.org in order to help accelerate our goals.
Please join us as a member in the prpl Foundation and help us drive our Mission…
Enable high-velocity, service-driven innovation on CPE by harmonizing interfaces in open APIs and delivering open-source reference implementations of common infrastructure.
prpl is all about Open APIs and Open-Source to drive Scalability
- Velocity by de-complexifying the process of integrating a Gateway (GW) stack onto multiple platforms
- Service-driven innovation by enabling proprietary differentiation from a 3rd-party Services ecosystem
- Harmonized APIs through collaboration & convergence among member companies and other industry organizations.
– good layering and separable developments help companies scale-up their businesses
- Open-Source Community needed to jointly coalesce the largest possible ecosystem
– Too wasteful having all our companies duplicating development of non-differentiating common infrastructure
– prpl is cultivating a community of knowledgeable developers to help speed deployments
prpl is the place for Service Providers (SPs) to specify carrier-grade features for open gateways
How We Work
Working Groups are established and meet to develop projects such as Open APIs or Open-Source stacks.
Governance comes from the Steering Committees and Board of Directors.
There are a variety of ways that member companies and others can contribute to or sponsor the work: See https://gitlab.com/groups/prpl-foundation/-/wikis/Contributing
The WGs use collaboration tools to progress their work:
- Atlassian Confluence and Jira
- Google G-Suite
- GitLab, Slack, etc…